We’re delighted to announce that tickets are now on sale for the 2017 Fifth Sense Members Conference which is taking place at St George’s Centre, Leeds, West Yorkshire on Saturday 4th November 2017.
Our first Members Conference since 2015 offers a rich learning experience in a supportive environment for anyone affected by a smell/taste disorder along with partners, friends or family. Here are some of the highlights of the line up:
- Opening talk from BBC Radio presenter Kathy Clugston about her experience of congenital anosmia
- Prof Carl Philpott will give an overview of the causes of smell and taste disorders and existing treatments (followed by an hour for guests to ask questions and share their experiences)
- Director of the University of Florida Center for Smell and Taste Dr Steven Munger will be taking about the importance of patient engagement in driving forwards research into new treatments
- Fifth Sense partners FlavorActiV will be presenting the successful results of the Taste, Train, Enjoy pilot study and delivering a tasting session
- Award-winning chocolatier Fiona Scioltini will be talking about her experience of making chocolates for people with anosmia (and there may be a free sample or two for guests to try!)
- A fantastic lunch will be provided by award-winning local business Manjit’s Kitchen – Indian street food with plenty of contrasting tastes, textures, and some spice (although there will be a milder option on offer).
Full details can be found here in the conference programme.
We have listened carefully to feedback from Fifth Sense members following the last conference when organising the 2017 event, and are holding it in Leeds to make it more accessible for people in the North. We have also tried to keep ticket prices as low as possible whilst aiming to ensure that we cover costs. Tickets cost £38.50 and include refreshments and lunch which we feel offers excellent value for money.
We do appreciate that the cost may be prohibitive for some, however, and have therefore set aside a very limited number of ‘pay what you can afford’ places for people on a low income who could otherwise not attend. These are available on a ‘first come, first served’ basis and are limited to two tickets per booking. If you would like to take advantage of this offer then please email us at email@example.com
We really hope you’ll be able to join us! For more information and to register, please visit http://www.fifthsense.org.uk/events/conference-2017 and we’ll look forward to seeing you there.