To be part of our I-SMELL 6-MONTH FEASIBILITY STUDY:
What: You will be asked to take part in our digital smell training for 6 months. We will install the device in your house, and we will show you how to use the app to control the device. As part of the training, you will be asked to take part in a training session of 5 minute duration every day. At the end of each week, you will be asked to complete a testing session. During the 6-month study, you will have the opportunity to engage with the researchers (face to face and virtually), engage with the others taking part, to create a sense of community, look to strengthen your sense of smell and take part in several events.
Where: The study will involve the deployment of the device in the users’ houses.
When: There will be two groups:
- Users aged 45-55 years of age will be involved from April to November;
- Users aged 65-75 years of age will be involved from July to January.
Who: Researchers are currently recruiting individuals who:
- are aged 45-55 years with smell disorders (of various causes);
- are aged 65 – 75 years with no/minor smell disorders;
- are not heavy smokers (more than 2 packs of cigarettes a day);
- do not have allergic or hypersensitive reactions to strong odorants, perfumes, or essential oils;
- have normal to normal-corrected vision (i.e., able to read text from a mobile device, with or without glasses).
Remuneration & Expenses: More details available from the team.