To be part of our PARTICIPATORY WORKSHOP:
What: You will be asked to interact with the device prototype and the App, engage in a group activity with other participants & researchers to discuss possible problems and solutions related to our digital smell training, and share your experiences with smell impairments and smell training.
Where: The study will involve coming in person to the UCL research laboratory at 169 Euston Road, London (opposite Euston Station).
When: There will be two workshops:
- on Tuesday 17th January from 1pm to 4.30pm for people aged 65 – 75 years of age;
- on Wednesday 18th January from 1pm to 4.30pm for people ages 45-55 years of age.
Who: Researchers are currently recruiting individuals who:
- are aged 65 – 75 years [workshop 17th January] OR 45-55 years [workshop 18th January];
- can smell to some extent (e.g., excluding people with total anosmia, but including people who have some smelling ability);
- are not heavy smokers (more than 2 packs of cigarettes a day);
- do not have allergic or hypersensitive reactions to strong odorants, perfumes, or essential oils;
- have normal to normal-corrected vision (i.e., able to read text from a mobile device, with or without glasses);
- can attend an in-person session on Thursday 8th December from 1pm to 4.30pm. I have also attached a detailed information sheet to this email.
Remuneration & Expenses: As a thank you note, you will receive £10 shopping gift voucher on the day.
How to apply: Contact Giada Brianza at email@example.com