A Moussaka for Busy People…
- Chop and fry a carrot until soft.
- Stir in around 250g of lamb mince (enough for two people) and pop a cinnamon stick in the mixture.
- Add a tin of herby chopped tomatoes with a little salt & pepper and simmer for about 15-20 mins.
- While this is happening, slice an aubergine and grill it – about 8 mins per side – with a little oil drizzled on top.
- Pour the mince mixture into an ovenproof dish (discarding the cinnamon stick).
- Arrange the aubergine slices on top, spoon some crème fraîche over them, then sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the top.
- Stick it under the gill for about 4 mins until it is bubbling.
Absolutely delicious. Try teaming it with crunchy baguette or a slice of toast, a green salad or – my favourite – a jacket potato. Creamy, warming and satisfying with a yummy lingering mouthfeel. And perfect with a glass of Montepulciano…. Or is that just me?