Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
This recipe comes from Miranda from My Anosmic Kitchen. Miranda has a vast range of recipes for people affected by anosmia on her website, please click the link provided to access: www.myanosmickitchen.com
We hope you enjoy the recipe below and please let us know your thoughts at email@example.com
Chicken fettucine alfredo with no garlic, creamy and delicious. A simple Italian recipe that gets a meal on the table in no time at all.
FOR ONE PERSON
- 2 chicken breasts
- 300 grams fettucine pasta
- 5 tbsps. butter, unsalted
- 250 ml heavy cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ tsp salt (please taste as you go because Parmesan is salted)
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk added if and when needed for thickness.
- Bring a large enough pot of water to the boil. Once boiling add salt and cook the pasta 2 minutes earlier than the packet directions. (It will finish cooking in the sauce after).
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- Heat a non stick pan and add the oil to heat.
- Cook the chicken on medium heat till golden brown on both sides and set aside.
- Melt the butter, add the cream cheese, whipping cream and fresh black pepper.
- Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes until the cream is little thicker before adding the pasta.
- If you cream is already getting thick simply add a dash of pasta water or milk to thin it out and then your pasta.
- If you cream look like it’s not getting thick just wait it will thicken up so try not to add the pasta too early. Also it will thicken as it stands so keep the milk near if you need to thin it out.
- Add the cooked chicken, stir through and serve.