Creamy No-Bake Mango Cheesecake
This recipe comes from Miranda from My Anosmic Kitchen. Miranda has a vast range of recipes for people affected by anosmia on her website, please click the link provided to access: www.myanosmickitchen.com
We hope you enjoy the recipe below and please let us know your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Soft, silky, delicate, light and simply amazing mango cheesecake!
PREP TIME: 30 mins
TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
FOR ONE PERSON
electric stand mixer
blender to puree the mangoes
food processor OR a rolling pin and plastic bag to crumb the biscuit crust
- 200 grams digestive biscuits
- 6 tbsps melted butter, unsalted
- 3 fresh ripe mangoes
- 250 grams mascarpone cheese
- full fat thick cream
- ¾ cup castor sugar (fine)
- mango puree
- 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
- ¼ cup cold water, room temperature
Jelly (For the top)
- 1 mango puree
- 1 tbsp. gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- Place a round cut-out of baking paper on the bottom part of your springform tin. Make sure the paper is coming out around the bottom it helps when getting it out!
- Add the digestives into a food processor and get them into crumbs.
- Add the melted butter, and once its all mixed together into a fine crumbly texture, pour it into the springform tin.
- Press it down firmly and leave it in the fridge while you prepare your filling.
- Peel 2 of the mangoes, slice/chop and add into a blender. Blend into a smooth puree, a few seconds. Set aside.
- Pour the water into a flat, wide bowl and add the gelatin. Leave to set.
- In a mixing bowl add the mascarpone cheese, cream and sugar and with an electric stand mixer mix them for a few seconds into a smooth creamy form. No need to over mix!
- Pour in the mango puree.
Whiz it for another few seconds to incorporate the mago puree and the cream mix.
- Now get the gelatin and place it in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds stopping the microwave at intervals. (You are essentially heating it up and melting it)
- When the gelatin is all melted and a smooth liquid, add a teaspoon full of the batter into the gelatin and quickly mix it all up and then pour the gelatin mix into the mixing bowl.
- Whisk for a few more seconds (just to get everything nicely incorporated) and then pour in the mango puree from the blender. Run the electric mix again for another 5 to 10 seconds, done!
- Pour the batter into the crust and refrigerate for the 8 hours till firm.
Jelly (for pouring over the top)
- Peel the mango and use half to puree and the other half cut into cubes for the décor.
- Pour the water in a microwave proof bowl.
- Add the gelatin.
- Leave it to stand for 5 minutes.
- Place it in the microwave to heat and melt for 20 seconds and intervals.
- Pour the gelatin into the puree.
- Blend for a few seconds.
- Pour the jelly/glaze over the cake.
- Return the cake to the fridge for another 2 hours to set.
Decor and Trimmings – Optional
Mango puree if any left!