Her Puy Lentil and Halloumi Salad
Her Puy Lentil and Halloumi Salad – colourful, textural and delightfully umami. Just don’t be put off by the word salad!
Here you go:
- Dice half an onion (or a large spring onion), half a carrot and half a stick of celery and fry them in a little olive oil until soft.
- Add 75g of lentils with some fresh thyme and 50ml white wine.
- Bring to the boil then add 300ml of chicken stock* and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add seasoning (go easy on the salt) and a large handful of baby spinach, then a teaspoon of double cream once it’s wilted.
- Slice and swiftly fry about 50g of halloumi cheese and serve on top of the lentils.
*I’m sure veggie stock or bouillon would also work
Written by Ruth Sullivan