Pasta with Kale
This recipe comes from Miranda from My Anosmic Kitchen. Miranda has a vast range of recipes for people affected by anosmia on her website, please click the link provided to access: www.myanosmickitchen.com
We hope you enjoy the recipe below and please let us know your thoughts at email@example.com
Soft crunchy kale with pasta, lemon, a hint of chili, olive oil, minced garlic and served with toasted nuts. A simple flavourful pasta dish!
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10 mins
TOTAL TIME: 15 mins
FOR ONE PERSON
- 400 grams pasta
- salt for the pasta
- 300 grams kale
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1 tsp)
- ¼ tsp chili spice or flakes (depending on the level of heat)
- 1 fresh lemon juice and zest.
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
- Once boiling salt and cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the packet instructions. It will finish cooking in the pan with the sautéed kale.
- Cut the kale leaves off the stems.
- Rinse and with your hands use the squash and release method while rinsing. Just a few times to soften the leaves.
- Toss into a large bowl, drizzle a tablespoon of oil over the kale and again repeat the squash and release method a few times with the oil in it!
- Heat a large skillet or non stick pan on medium heat, and cook the onion in a tablespoon of oil. till soft.
- Add the kale and let it cook for about 5 minutes before adding the minced garlic, chili, and lemon juice and zest. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, increase the heat a little and a little pasta water to help it along. Please don’t add lots of pasta water we’re not making a soup we want to maintain the crunch!
- Remove from the heat and once toss with the toasted chopped walnuts and a drizzle of the remaining olive oil.