Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta With Basil Pesto
This recipe comes from Miranda from My Anosmic Kitchen. Miranda has a vast range of recipes for people affected by anosmia on her website, please click the link provided to access: www.myanosmickitchen.com
We hope you enjoy the recipe below and please let us know your thoughts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sun-dried tomato pasta with homemade basil pesto is the ultimate pasta craving! Creamy without adding cream, quick and super simple to make.
- 250 grams rigatoni pasta
- 200 grams sundried tomatoes (store-bought with the oil)
- 2 tbsps of pesto.
- Salt & pepper seasoning (+ salt for pasta water)
- 2 tbsps. filtered water
- Fresh basil
- Heat the water in a kettle for the pasta. When boiling, pour it into a large enough pot and bring it to boil.
- Once boiling add the salt and pasta.
- Cook according to package instructions although for rigatoni it should take anything from 9 to 12 minutes so check it at 10 minutes.
- You don’t want to overcook it till it’s too soft because the holes will flop making it difficult for the sauce to go in.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain it keeping a cup of the pasta water just incase.
- Pour the pasta into a separate bowl and add the pesto and combine. This must be done off the heat (or the pesto will lose it’s bold color).
- Pour the sundried tomatoes with the oil and a tablespoon or 2 of filtered water into the blender and give it a quick whizz.
- Pour it into a saucepan add a few fresh basil leaves and heat it.
- Pour the sun-dried pureed tomato over the basil pesto pasta and serve with additional fresh basil.
- A squeeze of fresh lemon, a sprinkle of fresh black pepper and a touch of freshly grated parmesan cheese.